Project More Unstoppable Diabetics (MUD) is a Diabetes Sports Project Foundation (DSP) initiative. DSP is an organization built to inspire. Led by a group of world-class athletes, who thrive regardless of diabetes, DSP aims to motivate those living with diabetes through its athletes’ stories, athletic accomplishments and community outreach. DSP is dedicated to reaching and empowering those nearly 370 million people affected by type 1 and type 2 diabetes. We achieve this through inspirational and educational community engagement, along with competing in the largest world-wide sporting events. The DSP has athletes that have generated great public interest through completing large-scale events like the World Marathon Challenge, and combined have over 100,000 followers on social media.
The goal for Project MUD is to inspire individuals with chronic conditions to join an active community, specifically the world of obstacle course running. It is estimated that in the United States alone over 164 million people will be affected by chronic conditions by 2025. In an informal poll, over 90% of respondents said they would feel “much better” about running alongside another diabetic when competing and several respondents cited diabetes related concerns as their biggest obstacle to signing up. Our objectives include:
- Create a team to compete in the World’s Toughest Mudder 2019 (WTM)
- Offer training, coaching, and counseling to new entrants to the sport
- Participate in 3-4 Tough Mudder (TM) weekends where experienced athletes can train for WTM and new entrants can run side-by-side with experienced mudders
- Fundraise for diabetics that may not be able to afford race entrance fees, enabling their participation
- Promote the efforts of the WTM team and TM weekend participants through various media channels
- Draw awareness to the Tough Mudder brand which encourages people to lives of courage, personal accomplishment, teamwork, and fun
Join or for More Information
World’s Toughest Mudder:– World’s Toughest Mudder is the most extreme, insane, heart-stopping 24-hour obstacle course challenge on the planet. This event consists of a 5-mile circuit race peppered with 20-25 of Tough Mudder’s biggest and baddest obstacles, including never-before seen 2020 obstacles and a handful of World’s Toughest-only obstacles.- Each Participant Receives: Performance Finisher T-Shirt | Finisher Headband | Finisher Medal | Mileage Bibs | Action Photography
Tough Mudder Classic:– Tough Mudder Classic is our return to our badass roots to make 2019 the greatest season yet. With one 8-10 mile loop of mud-soaked mayhem loaded with 25 best-in-class obstacles, including 10 new or updated 2019 obstacles on Every. Single. Course. That’s right – double-digit innovation and more obstacles than ever, for maximum limit-testing. This is your chance to get outside your comfort zone, discover what you’re made of, and cross that finish line stronger than you started.- Each participant receives: Performance Finisher T-Shirt | Finisher Headband | Action Photography
2019 World Toughest Mudder
Nov 16 & 17 – Atlanta, GA – Fairburn (35 Minutes to Atlanta) 10045 Cedar Grove Rd Fairburn, GA 30213
2019 Project MUD Tough Mudder City Events
July 20 & 21 – Long Island, NY – Old Bethpage Restoration Village
Aug 10 & 11 – Colorado – Sterling Ranch (40 Minutes to Denver)
Sept 21 & 22 – DFW – TexPlex Park (30 Minutes to Dallas)
Dec 7 & 8 – Florida – Clear Springs Ranch (75 min to Orlando)
Discounted entry fee
Diabetic focused gear lists and tips
Diabetes Sports Project Swag
30 min coaching session for personalized questions
Pre-event meet up
Healthline Article – Overcoming Obstacles
1. Donation to The Diabetes Sports Project Foundation.
2. Team Gear – One of the biggest expenses for WTM is simply all the gear you need to have handy for a 24 hours event.
3. Sponsor an Athlete ($650/athlete)- We have a few athletes who have expressed interest in joining the team but cannot financial afford the entrance fees and associated costs.